Top 5 manufacturers of tablet computers in 2011
In selling its own tablet computer called Nexus 7, Google Inc. is entering a market dominated by Apple Inc. Six out of every 10 tablets shipped last year were iPads, according to research firm IHS iSuppli. Google’s new tablet is being made by AsusTek Computer Inc., a Taiwanese company.
Here are the top five manufacturers of tablets last year:
- Apple Inc., maker of the iPad, 40.5 million shipped worldwide, 62 percent share
- Samsung Electronics Co., maker of Galaxy line, 6.1 million, 9 percent.
- Amazon.com Inc., maker of Kindle Fire, 3.9 million, 6 percent
- Barnes & Noble, maker of Nook products, 3.3 million, 5 percent
- AsusTek Computer Inc., maker of Transformer line, 2.1 million, 3 percent
- Other, 9.4 million, 14 percent
Source: IHS iSuppli
Recent Stories:UNA snaps back at Drilon’s call to concede 13 mins elapsed National U makes Fr. Martin Summer Cup semis 15 mins elapsed Switzerland eyes law on frozen dictator funds 50 mins elapsed De Lima disputes report NBI team’s Taiwan trip is on hold 1 hour elapsed Comelec, DFA asked to explain how they spent P148M for overseas absentee voting 1 hour elapsed Survey shows China manufacturing contracting 1 hour elapsed Philippines vows to defend territory against China 1 hour elapsed UNA urged to concede Team PNoy victory to quell cheating rumors 1 hour elapsed