Quantcast
Latest Stories

Ex-BF’s threat to spread sex video lands him in jail



AFP/JOEL NITO

A man ended up behind bars Thursday night in Quezon City after his ex-girlfriend complained to the police that he was planning to post on the Internet a video of their intimate moments.

Paulo Eriano, 19, allegedly threatened to let the sex video go viral to get back at the 16-year-old complainant who broke up with him last month.

Members of the Anonas police station of the Quezon City Police District had Eriano booked for violation of Republic Act 9995 or the Anti-Photo and Video Voyeurism Act of 2009, which carries a penalty of three to seven years in prison. He remained in detention as of Friday.

In her complaint, the girl said she had a relationship with the suspect from May to October this year. When she decided to leave him, Eriano—who had recorded their sexual encounters—allegedly made the threats.

The girl said she was forced to go the police after a friend managed to get a copy of the sex video and showed it to her. Julie M. Aurelio


Follow us on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Twitter




Recent Stories:

AFP: Abu Sayyaf group, not MILF, target of Basilan operation 5 mins elapsed First Fil-Am elected to Sierra Madre, Calif. city council 2 hours elapsed Filipino sweets and info served at UC Berkeley Spring Fest 2 hours elapsed Federer would skip tennis to be with wife, newborn 3 hours elapsed Milpitas, California kids wrap up a successful run of ‘The Wiz’ 3 hours elapsed Why Lucky has not bought an engagement ring for Angel 3 hours elapsed Derek more private with new girlfriend 3 hours elapsed ‘Community’ star happy with return of show’s creator 3 hours elapsed
Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.

Tags: Internet , Prison , Sex Scandal , Video

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/EGVKX2UAIMMREEGCJPOX3MFHQA Paul US

    Blackmail is always wrong, even if the girl would have been of the age of consent. There’s many more situations just like this one where the girl didn’t come forward. Make an example out of the guy with a harsh penalty.

    Girls, don’t let your boyfriend record these things. In the heat of passion it can seem harmless but it’s foolish. Most of the time they’ll never remain private even if the guy doesn’t share it on purpose. Phones get stolen. Computers get hacked. It can haunt your life for years afterwards. Once it hits the internet, it’s only a matter of time until someone recognizes you in the video and then everyone knows. Google has a long memory.

  • Diepor

    According to philippine law a man can have sex with a girl over 12. I hope thay change it to 16.
    “Article 266-A. Rape: When And How Committed. – Rape is committed:”1) By a man who shall have carnal knowledge of a woman under any of the following circumstances:
    “a) Through force, threat, or intimidation;
    “b) When the offended party is deprived of reason or otherwise unconscious;
    “c) By means of fraudulent machination or grave abuse of authority; and”d) When the offended party is under twelve (12) years of age or is demented, even though none of the circumstances mentioned above be present.

  • robrano

    What all the nonsense of statutory rape? The girl agreed and freely “acted” for the video, not being forced to do it. How it should be rape? And about 16 years old? At every Higk School already even younger girls openly offer sex for to live more comfortable or for to earn the school fees and requirements which parents can not afford with the permnent increases.



Copyright © 2014,
.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94
Advertisement Advertisement
  1. Did Deniece Cornejo lambast Vhong Navarro on social media?
  2. Mommy Dionisia sings ‘Riking Bull,’sends netizens ablaze
  3. Philippines may watch ‘blood moon’ online
  4. Tech company: Change passwords or suffer ‘Heartbleed’
  5. Mommy Dionisia Pacquiao scores, takes over social media
  6. Another reason to quit social media this Holy Week: your safety
  7. IT technician found guilty of defrauding firm of P130,000
  8. Online-addicted man arrested over son’s death
  9. SSS to shut down website for Holy Week
  10. Filling the digital talent gap
  1. Did Deniece Cornejo lambast Vhong Navarro on social media?
  2. Mommy Dionisia Pacquiao scores, takes over social media
  3. Nude and so dangerous
  4. Mommy Dionisia sings ‘Riking Bull,’sends netizens ablaze
  5. Memes flourish after Pacquiao victory
  6. Netizens react to Pacquiao’s victory over Bradley
  7. IT technician found guilty of defrauding firm of P130,000
  8. Philippines may watch ‘blood moon’ online
  9. Ireland’s wedding singer priest an Internet hit
  10. Samsung flagship smartphone goes on sale worldwide
  1. #RejectedBbPilipinas2014Questions flood Twitter
  2. Did Deniece Cornejo lambast Vhong Navarro on social media?
  3. Netizens fall in love with Crimea prosecutor Natalia Poklonskaya
  4. Mommy Dionisia Pacquiao scores, takes over social media
  5. Nude and so dangerous
  6. Why didn’t missing jet passengers use their cellphones?
  7. Mommy Dionisia sings ‘Riking Bull,’sends netizens ablaze
  8. Russia tries to curb Crimean prosecutor’s Internet fame
  9. Memes flourish after Pacquiao victory
  10. Netizens thank Capa for Lee arrest

News

  • AFP: Abu Sayyaf group, not MILF, target of Basilan operation
  • Massive infra spending set
  • DOJ to NBI: Arrest Cedric Lee, 4 others
  • Metro residents brace for long, ‘dry’ spell
  • MMDA: Avoid Edsa, take alternate routes
  • Sports

  • Federer would skip tennis to be with wife, newborn
  • Manny Pacquiao in PBA? If so, he’ll wear No. 17
  • PSC sets Blu Girls US training
  • Power Pinoys settle for 7th place
  • Successful coaches to get raise
  • Lifestyle

  • Are your favorite malls open this Holy Week break?
  • Celebrate Easter Sunday at Buddha-Bar Manila
  • Moriones feast: A slow, steady transformation
  • Weaving ‘palaspas’ a tradition kept alive in Tayabas City
  • Finalists announced for best translated books
  • Entertainment

  • Why Lucky has not bought an engagement ring for Angel
  • Derek more private with new girlfriend
  • ‘Community’ star happy with return of show’s creator
  • Jealousy is kid stuff
  • Mommy-daughter adventure continues
  • Business

  • PH presses bid to keep rice import controls
  • PSEi continues to gain
  • Number of retrenched workers rose by 42% in ’13
  • PH seen to sustain rise in FDIs
  • Gov’t subsidies to state firms fell in first 2 months
  • Technology

  • Smart phone apps and sites perfect for the Holy Week
  • Tech company: Change passwords or suffer ‘Heartbleed’
  • Filling the digital talent gap
  • SSS to shut down website for Holy Week
  • Another reason to quit social media this Holy Week: your safety
  • Opinion

  • Editorial cartoon, April 17, 2014
  • A humbler Church
  • Deepest darkness
  • ‘Agnihotra’ for Earth’s health
  • It’s the Holy Week, time to think of others
  • Global Nation

  • First Fil-Am elected to Sierra Madre, Calif. city council
  • UC Irvine cultural night to dramatize clash of values in immigrant family
  • Filipino sweets and info served at UC Berkeley Spring Fest
  • Milpitas, California kids wrap up a successful run of ‘The Wiz’
  • Netizens welcome Japan’s visa-free travel plan
  • Advertisement
    Marketplace