Quantcast
Latest Stories

Plan to video live Napoles in jail delayed – PNP

By
,

Loading the player...


Senior Superintendent Reuben Theodore Sindac. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines – The planned “livestreaming” to monitor Janet Lim-Napoles inside her detention at the Fort Sto Domingo in Laguna has been delayed  due to “limited bandwidth,” a Philippine National Police spokesperson said in an interview over Radyo Inquirer 990AM on  Monday.

Senior Superintendent Reuben Theodore Sindac, PNP-Public Information Office chief, said they were already setting up a close-circuit television  (CCTV)  camera for internal monitoring which will hopefully follow a “livestream” or a live internet broadcast for the public.

Sindac said they are studying the possibility of a livestream based on the recommendation of Interior Secretary Mar Roxas II.

“Ito ay gagawing available sa publiko. Ang problema na nakita lang limited kasi ang bandwidth doon. Kasi sa livestream kailangan mataas, mabilis, walang delay (We will make it available to the public. The only problem is the limited bandwidth [in the camp]. Because in livestream, [bandwidth] should be high, [connection] should be fast and without delay),” Sindac said.

Roxas had earlier disclosed plans to livestream the CCTV footage to also monitor and record Napoles’ visitors.

Sindac said the livestream will give the public an “inside view of the detention center.”

In the meantime, the PNP-PIO chief has been posting, in social media, updates about Napoles, including names of her visitors and the condition of her health.

Napoles, the alleged mastermind in the P10-billion pork barrel scam, was detained at the PNP Special Action Force camp for serious illegal detention of whistleblower Benhur Luy.

For more reports, listen to Radyo Inquirer 990AM.

Related Stories:

Napoles’ blood pressure shoots up due to claustrophobia

Napoles sleepless in Sta. Rosa

Janet Napoles and the pork barrel scam


Follow us on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Twitter




Recent Stories:

LPA enters PH, to bring rains and thunderstorms 11 mins elapsed Sing-along saint: Showbiz world gets papal inspiration 13 mins elapsed Two-thirds of underwater search done, no sign of MH370 19 mins elapsed S. Korea prosecutors turn to mobile app for ferry probe 23 mins elapsed 31 dead in Holy Week incidents—NDRRMC 33 mins elapsed Oil prices down in quiet Asian trade 60 mins elapsed Santiago asks Senate committee to subpoena Reyes 1 hour elapsed S. Korea president says ferry captain’s action ‘tantamount to murder’ 1 hour elapsed
Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.

Tags: Janet Lim-Napoles , Laguna , Philippines , politics , pork barrel scam

  • enrique119

    This is a stupid idea. Let Napoles be monitored in closed circuit tv by reliable policewomen, not the public. I hope Napoles will be convicted but putting her on some sort of reality tv is indecent, inhuman and uncivilized. Our justice system must exercise prudence and act with dignity and honor. Treating a prisoner, or anybody, with such vulgarity does not project an image of a respectable society.

  • Manong_Kwarog

    Wow, sa bahay ni Kuya!!! kailan kaya darating ang mga ibang cast tulad ni Lolo, at ni….!

  • joboni96

    makabawi man lang kay
    intsik switik jeny lim

    pera para sa mahihirap na pilipino
    pinag diskitahan pa

    i agree with sen miriam
    about the intsik switik



Copyright © 2014,
, .
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94
Advertisement Advertisement

News

  • LPA enters PH, to bring rains and thunderstorms
  • Sing-along saint: Showbiz world gets papal inspiration
  • Two-thirds of underwater search done, no sign of MH370
  • S. Korea prosecutors turn to mobile app for ferry probe
  • 31 dead in Holy Week incidents—NDRRMC
  • Sports

  • Reigning champs Miami open playoffs with win
  • Spurs subdue Mavericks in playoff opener
  • Wawrinka beats Federer to win Monte Carlo Masters
  • Ageless Hopkins pitches 50-50 Mayweather deal
  • Goodbye MGM, Las Vegas for Pacquiao?
  • Lifestyle

  • Miss America: Don’t suspend teen over prom invite
  • Transitions and resurrection in the performing arts
  • ‘Archaeology tour’ of Cebu’s heritage of faith
  • Historic Fort Bonifacio tunnel converted into a septic tank
  • ‘Imports’ from London, and play of the year
  • Entertainment

  • Discovery network cancels Everest jump
  • ‘Captain America’ stays strong atop US box office
  • Easter musings
  • Solenn in shorts
  • Unmerry mix of attention-calling moves on ‘Mini-Me’ TV tilts
  • Business

  • Oil prices down in quiet Asian trade
  • Asian shares mixed in holiday-thinned trade
  • BDO seen keen on bidding for Cocobank
  • Bataan freeport investment pledges up 1,302%
  • Golden Week
  • Technology

  • PH has slowest internet in Southeast Asia
  • Nintendo’s trailblazing Game Boy marks 25th anniversary
  • Nasa’s moon-orbiting robot crashes down
  • Netizens pay respects to Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  • Nokia recalls 30,000 chargers for Lumia 2520 tablet
  • Opinion

  • Gigi’s home
  • Palace stonewalls on MRT inquiry
  • Couple of things too
  • There is plenty of water behind Wawa Dam
  • Triduum thoughts of a young boy
  • Global Nation

  • Obama on mission to quiet Asia skeptics
  • Search for Etihad passengers launched
  • Japan presents $57-B ‘dream plan’ to solve Metro congestion
  • Tim Tebow’s charity hospital in Davao seen to open in 7 months
  • OFW died of Mers-CoV in Saudi Arabia, says family
  • Advertisement
    Marketplace