Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Close  
  • share this

Man loses teeth, injures face after vape pen explodes

/ 10:58 AM January 18, 2017

A man from Idaho, USA, lost seven teeth and suffered facial burns after his vape pen ruptured on his face.

Andrew Hall was about to report to work when he claimed that his e-cigarette exploded, burning part of his cheek and damaging his teeth. His bathroom, where be was during the explosion, sustained damages in the sink and walls, too, he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

To warn fellow vape pen users of the ruthless effects of vaping, he aired his story on social media on Sunday, Jan. 15.

“I’ve been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to, but it exploded in my face. I’ve lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and has been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat, and lips,” he penned in a viral Facebook post that has been shared 422, 300 times and liked 66,000 times as of Wednesday morning.

“I was lucky and there was a huge amount of damage to the room in my house I was in as well,” he added.

He also posted pictures of his bathroom and the remains of the vape pen’s LG HG2 battery.

Hall, 30, is currently documenting his recovery on Facebook after he was discharged from the hospital. “I vape but I no longer do and I hope to possibly sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking,” he said. “I just want to bring to light [this is possible] that they can explode without warning. I would have said ‘no way that’s possible’ until now.”

Hall’s recent case was part of a string of e-cigarette explosions in the past few months. Last month, a New York man suffered burns on his leg after his vaping device blasted in his pocket. Gianna Francesca Catolico

ADVERTISEMENT

Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: battery issue, Idaho, vape, viral post
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved