March 16th, 2013 05:54 PM
MANILA, Philippines – Kaspersky Lab, the world’s largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions, recently unveiled its new generation of business security solutions designed to help businesses in the Philippines overcome the latest challenges in managing a secure, efficient network.
This is also part of Kaspersky Lab’s continued support for Filipino businesses of all sizes amid increasing use of information and communication technology (ICT).
The company’s new flagship security platform for businesses, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business, was built to provide the industry’s best protection from advanced malware and cybercrime, and also to combat another common enemy of IT security – complexity.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is the first true security platform built from the ground up, offering a business critical combination of deep protection, efficiency and seamless manageability.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business was built to scale up, from the SMEs with their simple IT infrastructure, all the way to a major corporation with a complex network. This new offering provides premium protection technologies without the need for new budgets or manpower resources to manage them.
“We are looking at the Philippines as one of the steadily-growing markets in the region. But the local economy is no different from mature markets elsewhere in the world. Philippine industries now rely heavily on information, the new oil — as they say and companies here, too, are investing on IT to drive business growth,” said Jimmy Fong, Channel Sales Director for Kaspersky Lab South East Asia.
“Unfortunately though, this opens up any organization whether big or small, to business risks which might end up crippling the business operations significantly. This is the age of high-profile targeted attacks directed towards the enterprise sector which means accessing classified, highly-valuable data translates to more money for cybercriminals than if they were to target individual internet users. I am confident that our Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business will provide companies of all sizes the protection it needs against data breaches and malware attacks.” Fong said.
New IT Department Realities
The fundamental mission of the IT Administrator hasn’t changed much, but there are more obstacles along the way. Organizations of all sizes deal with these challenges, but small-to-midsized businesses suffer from an additional hurdle: lack of resources and expertise to manage these new demands.
In addition to sophisticated malware targeting businesses on a daily basis, IT Administrators must now account for new complexities such as employees wanting to use their personal devices (tablet PCs, smartphones, and laptops) on the company’s network.
These new technology realities have left IT Administrators struggling with related security concerns, and in most cases, they are forced to evaluate, purchase, install and manage a new tool for each scenario.
What’s New and Improved in Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
The new challenges of organized cybercrime and a boom in employee-owned devices spawned by the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trends have made protecting business data tougher than ever. To simplify and secure business of all sizes, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business comes with a number of new and improved technologies that allow IT Administrators to See, Control, and Protect their network.
“The release of the company’s flagship enterprise security product, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business will not only help local organizations implement better and secure policies at their fingertips but also mitigate the negative implications of emerging IT complexities and BYOD policies,” said Bryan Sat, Kaspersky Lab Business Development Manager for Malaysia and the Philippines.
* Mobile Security and Device Management –
Kaspersky Lab lets administrators secure and protect data, even on employees’ own smartphones and tablets. Mobile endpoint protection can be deployed remotely through centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM).
* Data Encryption – Secure individual files, folders, or full-disks, with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256 bit encryption to ensure information remains secure in the event of accidental device loss or theft. Kaspersky Lab’s new encryption technology can also be enforced on peripheral devices, removable drives, files, and folders, and is transparent to users and applications while rendering data unreadable to cyber-criminals.
* Endpoint Control Tools – Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is designed to control application usage through policies and dynamic whitelisting. Administrators can also create custom policies around removable storage devices, USB storage devices and printers, and create on-device web policies ensure users browse the Internet safely whether on the corporate network or at home.
* Systems Management – An array of new systems configuration, deployment and management tools included in Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business makes time-consuming IT tasks like OS installation, network inventory, system provisioning, remote administration, network admission control (NAC) and license management both faster and less complex. Automated vulnerability scanning and patch management ensures users and administrators are always up-to-date and fully notified about critical security exposures.
* All managed from Kaspersky Lab’s Security Center – The powerful administrative console unifies every aspect of Kaspersky Lab’s endpoint, file server and virtual infrastructure protection under one “pane of glass.”
* Industry-Leading Anti-Malware – Kaspersky Lab’s proven blend of on-premise, proactive and cloud-based methods for detecting malware keeps users connected to the latest threats discovered by our team of experts. Kaspersky Lab’s outstanding performance during independent evaluation throughout 2012 earned the company some of the highest accolades in the industry, including that from AV-Comparatives and AV-Test.
Customized and Scalable for Your Needs
Available for purchase today in specialized bundles for businesses of all sizes, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is a single, unified platform, created by Kaspersky Lab’s engineers from a single code-base, which delivers protection in a way that other security products cannot. Through ONE platform, ONE console, and at ONE cost, IT Administrators can see, control and protect all systems and endpoints in the network, whether it’s a PC down the hall, a virtual machine in another office, or a missing smartphone across the country.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is available in the following base configurations, which are modular and expandable to meet future needs:
* Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business: Core – the foundation of Kaspersky Lab’s award-winning and powerful workstation anti-malware protection and a firewall, managed by the intuitive administration console – Kaspersky Security Center. For customers who want only the best anti-malware possible, this is the solution.
* Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business: Select – includes Workstation & File Server Security, Application Control with Dynamic Whitelisting, Device Control, and Web Control. Also included is a mobile protection solution which consists of an endpoint security agent and Mobile Device Management (or MDM).
* Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business: Advanced – includes all technologies in KESB Select, with the addition of Encryption and Systems Management tools. If your business needs include remote deployment, Patch Management and Vulnerability Scanning, KESB Advanced is the solution for you.
* Kaspersky Total Security for Business– our flagship offering includes additional protection with the inclusion of infrastructure-level protection for Web, Mail, and Collaboration servers. From the endpoint all the way to the Internet gateway, you can protect it with Kaspersky Lab.
Many of these security and IT efficiency technologies are also available for purchase separately as Targeted Solutions. These individual offerings allow businesses to custom-design their protection scheme, placing Kaspersky Lab technology at specific points across their network as required.