PH records highest download for games, apps, says surveyBy Julliane Love de Jesus
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines has recorded the highest download for games and apps (applications) among countries in Southeast Asia, according to a recent survey that provides a regional and country-specific insight into mobile Internet usage.
“The Philippines has the highest download for games and apps in Southeast Asia with almost 80% of the users having downloaded a game or app last month,” said the Mobile Internet Consumer Report – Southeast Asia 2013, which was released by Vserv.mobi, a Global Mobile Ad network and emailed to media.
However, the survey said that the Philippines’ downloads for videos and music were “relatively lower than the Southeast Asia average” at 39 percent and 30 percent respectively.
The survey also said that:
* Within Southeast Asia, the Philippines has the highest proportion of mobile Internet users in the 18-24 year age category;
* The Philippines has a significantly larger pool of graduate and post-graduate mobile Internet users (54%), compared to Southeast Asia (36%);
* Mobile internet users in the Philippines have a keen interest to learn about brands (46%) through mobile, slightly higher than the region’s average (36%);
* Ownership of consumer durables is the highest among mobile Internet users in the Philippines (48%); and
* Mobile Internet users in Philippines enjoy shopping, with three out of every four having visited a mall or market in the last month.
The two-week survey in July 2013 was conducted on over 3,000 mobile and app users from the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
According to the same report ( http://vserv.mobi/insights ), the Southeast Asian mobile Internet user is young, employed and possesses a high spending power.
Recent Stories:Japan scrambles jets against Chinese plane 2 mins elapsed 6 new regional forensic labs eyed this year – PDEA 31 mins elapsed Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 40 mins elapsed PCG not taking part in massive search for Malaysian airliner, Balilo clarifies 1 hour elapsed Malaysia probes four names on missing jet’s manifest–minister 1 hour elapsed Prayers flood Twitter as search for missing Malaysian airliner continues 2 hours elapsed Filipino’s Pinatubo photo named among greatest of all time 2 hours elapsed Baybayin artist represents diaspora in Japan workshop on ancient scripts 2 hours elapsed