New SMB servers simplify IT, boost business productivity
MANILA, Philippines – HP has announced new and enhanced HP ProLiant servers that help small and midsized businesses (SMBs) accelerate business results by simplifying the deployment, management and maintenance of their IT infrastructure.
SMBs can be challenged by limited financial and human resources when responding to growing customer demands and evolving business needs. Smaller enterprises, such as retail stores, medical practices and real estate offices need simple, scalable and cost-effective solutions to power their businesses.
Based on current buying trends, at least 5.1 million small businesses worldwide will purchase their first server within the next five years, according to AMI Partners, a global strategy consulting firm.(1)
The new HP ProLiant MicroServer Generation 8 (Gen8) is an ideal first server that provides simplified setup, management and maintenance with innovative HP Smart Technologies. The HP MicroServer offers centralized, anywhere, anytime data access to employees to boost productivity and collaboration through data sharing—and it is small and quiet enough to sit on a desk.
Further expanding the HP ProLiant server portfolio, HP today also announced cost-optimized solutions for micro and SMB clients that provide the reliability, flexibility and scalability needed to accommodate current and future business needs. New solutions include the HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 and HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2.
“Small and midsized businesses require innovative server solutions that meet their specific business needs and price points to remain competitive,” said Veronica Escalante, business manager, Industrial Standard Servers, HP Philippines. “These new HP ProLiant servers are easy to use, highly reliable and cost-effective to maintain, enabling our SMB customers to boost business performance, save time and cut costs.”
The HP ProLiant MicroServer, introduced in 2010, is an ultra-compact server solution that enables SMBs to manage and grow their businesses without adding burdensome cost or complexity.
The new HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 delivers the reliability, performance and security of a business server in a whisper-quiet design that is half the size of most competitive entry-level servers, which allows it to be displayed on the floor or desk.(2) It is an ideal first server solution for micro and small businesses, enabling collaboration through centralized information and data sharing. Plus, through HP unique innovations, it enables SMB clients to reduce time spent on IT so they can focus on managing and growing their business.
Designed for organizations with less than 10 employees, the HP MicroServer Gen8 shares and secures critical information in a central server. Data and applications housed on the server are remotely accessible from virtually any web-connected device with Microsoft® Windows® Server 2012 Essentials, improving productivity and collaboration.
The HP MicroServer Gen8 leverages several HP ProLiant Gen8 server innovations as well as the HP ProActive Insight architecture, enabling SMB customers to:
- Simplify system installation, setup and maintenance with the HP iLO Management Engine (iLO4) and HP Intelligent Provisioning , embedded in each server with software and preloaded tools ready to deploy for simplified management.
- Remotely manage the server from anywhere, anytime to increase productivity while lowering operational costs with HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Essentials
- Continuously monitor performance with HP Active Health, which automatically assesses the servers for optimum health and lowest power consumption and accelerates application updates to boost server performance and improve uptime via HP Smart Update.
- Deliver an integrated, converged server and networking infrastructure solution with the optional, stackable HP PS1810-8G managed switch, which automatically discovers, monitors and accelerates the connectivity performance of both devices.
The HP MicroServer Gen8 also provides HP channel partners the opportunity to deliver new SMB services and partner revenue opportunities with HP Insight Online—the industry’s first comprehensive cloud-based services portal.
Greater computing opportunities
The expanded HP ProLiant lineup is ideal for SMB clients, SMB channel partners and organizations in emerging markets. The new servers improve performance, power management and serviceability:
- HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 is an updated, full-featured, single-processor tower server with enterprise-class manageability for SMBs with remote or branch offices that need to boost productivity and connectivity and simplify management with maximum uptime.
- HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 is a new compact, single-processor, rack-optimized server that can be deployed anywhere. It is ideal for single-application uses, such as small businesses and chain stores, and is ideal for factory automation, medical, transportation, telecom and military. The server meets the unique space, mobility, management and budget challenges that SMB and embedded market customers must solve. (advt)
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94