John Cena appears in Overwatch 2
John Cena often says, “You can’t see me,” but the WWE superstar recently appeared in an Overwatch 2 promo video. The clip features The Enigma, the shadowy figure seemingly supporting the Overwatch agent’s heroic deeds. Later, he issues a call-to-action to the heroes before removing his cowl to reveal John Cena.
The video game industry has gained worldwide popularity, so game publishers employ celebrities to promote their latest titles. The WWE Smackdown icon is one of the celebrities joining this new entertainment powerhouse. The question is, will you be able to play as the famous wrestler on the Overwatch battlefield?
This article will discuss John Cena’s cameo appearance in the Overwatch 2 video game. Later, I will elaborate on his potential in-game abilities and this game’s upcoming season.
Can you play as John Cena in Overwatch 2?
The short answer is no; the popular wrestler will not be a playable character. Nonetheless, his impressive trailer left many people convinced he’ll be one of the agents.
The official PlayOverwatch YouTube channel posted his “Enigma Reveal” video on June 5. It starts with a hooded figure typing in front of multiple computer screens.
Meanwhile, he says, “An invasion is coming. The future is in jeopardy. I am The Enigma.” Then, he presses a button and states, “I need to get a message out to our heroes.”
“Null Sector’s forces are attacking Rio, Gothenburg, and Toronto. I need reinforcements in these locations,” The Enigma adds as the video reveals maps. Next, he picks up guns, declaring, “We need heroes, now more than ever.”
“Together, we will fight for the future. Answer the call, heroes. It’s time to fight back,” the mysterious person says before removing their hood. The Enigma, played by John Cena, beckons viewers to “Prepare for the invasion.”
The Invasion is Overwatch 2’s sixth season, starting on August 10, 2023. Yet, fans were more interested in the hidden features or “easter eggs” in the video.
You may also like: How to play League of Legends
Gamespot says a shortened URL in the clip links to an image reading “JC.” It translates to John Cena’s birthday, April 23, 1977, using the color code “#042377.”
John Cena also teased his promotional video by sharing an Overwatch 2 screenshot from a Twitch stream. Its 1:12:05 timestamp features game developers and streamers discussing potential collaborations.
“It’s been fun seeing the Overwatch community try to put a face to The Enigma,” Cena mentioned in a press release. “Sometimes a face you can’t see is just what the world needs to sound the alarm of a looming, worldwide threat.”
What’s in Overwatch 2’s sixth season?
Search Overwatch 2 season six, and you may find a strange X message regarding John Cena’s ability kit. Consequently, you may have thought he’s an upcoming playable character.
As mentioned earlier, he only promoted this online game season. Nevertheless, let’s discuss the joke abilities the Blizzard developers made for the WWE movie star:
- Can’t see me: Activate to wave your hand in front of your face and become invisible to the enemy team. Lasts forever. Can use any other ability while active. Nothing you can do about it.
- The dance from that clip: You know the one. Forces nearby enemies to stop attacking their target, redirect their attention to you, and appreciate the reference with a slight chortle. Usable in just about any context.
- And his name is: Automatically cancels the next enemy ultimate ability try loudly reminding everyone what your name is and blaring your theme song at a dangerously high volume.
- Are you sure about that?: Enemy players that attempt to damage you are met with a pop-up window that questions their foolish decision and renders them immobile until they confirm that they are, in fact, sure about that.
Jokes aside, Overwatch 2 will offer new player-vs-player and player-vs-environment features in its Invasion season. Pay $15 to access the following goodies:
- Access to the Invasion Story Missions
- 1,000 Overwatch Coins
- The playable character Sojourn and his Legendary visual appearance or skin
You may also like: CoD Warzone will feature Snoop Dogg and Nicki Minaj
You can also pay $40 for the Overwatch 2: Ultimate Invasion Bundle. It offers the benefits we discussed earlier and adds these additional ones:
- Null Sector Battle Pass with 20 Battle Pass skips
- An additional 1,000 Overwatch Coins for a total of 2,000 Overwatch Coins
- Two Legendary skins for Kiriko and Cassidy
The new in-game season will offer the new Flashpoint game mode. It involves two teams competing against each other to capture three locations first.
John Cena appeared in Overwatch 2’s latest season promo video. He portrayed the mysterious figure The Enigma, but Blizzard says he will not be a playable character.
Still, the Invasion season offers several goodies for new and experienced players. The former can use the Hero Mastery and improved Practice Range to hone their skills.
Meanwhile, experienced ones could play their favorite game differently with the new Flashpoint mode. Learn more about the latest digital tips and trends at Inquirer Tech.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.