Duterte, PH polls 5th most discussed on Facebook for 2016
President Rodrigo Duterte and the Philippine presidential election were among the most talked about global topics on Facebook in 2016, the social networking giant said.
In Facebook’s 2016 Year In Review, Duterte and the May polls landed on the fifth spot, while the US presidential election won by celebrity mogul Donald Trump emerged as the most discussed topic of the year.
Facebook said this year’s top 10 topics were measured by how frequently a topic was mentioned in Facebook posts made between January 1 and November 27, 2016.
“To put this list together, mentions were analyzed in an aggregated, anonymized way and then ranked to create a snapshot of the year on Facebook,” it said.
Rounding up the top ten most talked about topics were Brazilian politics, virtual reality game Pokemon Go, Black Lives Matter, the Olympics, the Brexit referendum, Super Bowl, musician David Bowie, and Muhammad Ali.
Facebook also released a list of top 10 Live videos, ranked according to total cumulative views:
- Candace Payne, Chewbacca Mom
- Ted Yoder, Soundscapes
- Buzzfeed, Countdown to the next presidential election
- Atlanta Buzz, People are lining up to hug police officers in Dallas
- NBC News, Election results
- Under the Hood, Video of a truck completely carved out of wood
- Viral Thread, Population count from US to CA
- CNN, Election results on Empire State building
- Dena Blizzard, Pokemon Go for moms “Chardonnay Go”
- Super Deluxe, Election map/rga