How to Donate on Twitch
Twitch is a wonderland for lovers of good gaming content and so many more. You get to watch the best players in the world stream your favorite games. It is a good thing that nowadays, if you get to enjoy viewing a particular gamer, you can support your favorite by donating money to them so that they are encouraged to always stream for you consistently.
This guide will show you how to donate on Twitch effortlessly. Fortunately, the procedure isn’t too complicated, so let’s get started right away!
You can donate to a channel in many methods, but first, let us understand what Twitch is.
What Is Twitch?
Twitch is a video live streaming service based in America. It is a subsidiary company of Amazon.com. The main contents are video game live streaming, including the e-sport competition broadcast, music broadcast, “in real life” streams, and creative content.
Thousands of individuals come together every day and live on Twitch for content spanning gaming, chatting, interaction, entertainment, sports, music, and so much more.
How To Donate On Twitch With This Easy Steps
There are several ways to donate on Twitch. Each man has his taste, but Streamlabs is usually popular among streamers. It efficiently integrates both Credit cards and PayPal and can support streamers easily.
The processes are identical, but a lot is benefited from Streamlabs because it allows a lot of customization. It is well equipped to carry out a task for streamers since it has the dual option of using your credit card or PayPal for donations.
If you’re trying to donate to Twitch, here is a simple step by step guide for you:
Step One: Switch Your Computer
To Donate To Twitch, you need to switch on your computer, tablet, or mobile device, go to your browser, and load the website.
Step Two: Login to Your Account
Click on the Login button at the top-right of the browser window. If you are new, you will have to Sign up first. The Sign-up button is just beside the Login button.
Step Three: Find your favorite Streamer.
Navigate to your favorite Twitch Streamer and open their channel.
Step Four: Navigate to the Donation Page
On their channel, scroll towards the bottom of the page until you have sighted the Twitch channel, a unique donation link.
Note: Please be informed that not every streamer has a donation link. If eventually, you do not find a donation link, this might be because they are not accepting donations and enjoy releasing content for fun only.
Step Five: Specify the amount you want to donate
Click the donation link, and you will be directed to a tab where you will make your donation. Fill in the exact amount you would like to donate alongside a suitable donation message. After doing so, you can then click on the “Donate” at the bottom.
Step Six: Donate
After you have clicked “Donate,” you will be directed to a page where you will have to submit your payment information.
How To Support A Streamer Using Bits
The currency used on Twitch for transactions is the “Twitch Bits.” However, the only way to donate bits, for now, is by buying through your Amazon account balance.
You can donate to Twitch using bits by following these simple steps:
- Load the Twitch page up on your device. It could be your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
- Log in to your Twitch account and find the channel you want to support with bits.
- Next to a subscribe button at the top-right corner of your device, you will see the “Get Bits” button. Click on the down arrow. There is also a diamond-shaped icon available in the chatbox. Click on it.
- The donation page would surface, select the desired number of bits you would like to purchase. You can buy as much as is available for you. One hundred bits cost about $1.40, but for higher bits above 500 bits, you get a discount (about 5% discount).
- Immediately after selecting your exact amount, you will need to sign in to your Amazon account. Make sure to link your Twitch account to your Amazon account. If you have not done so, you will be asked to do so. Note: for some donations, you must have an Amazon account. This is to ensure easy transactions.
- After you have purchased your bits, all you have to do is support your favorite streamer by donating the desired number of bits.
- To Donate, simply type the word cheer and add the number of bits. For instance, you want to donate 100 bits, just type in ‘Cheer100’. That is all; hit the donation button!
Can I Donate To A Streamer By Subscribing?
Just beside the ‘Get bits’ button is the ‘Subscribe’ button. You may be wondering if you get to support your favorite streamers by subscribing. Well, yes, you definitely can.
A lot of Twitch streamers have a subscription option for their channel. The rates are usually not above $5. This depends on the class (Tier class) you would love to subscribe to. When you subscribe, you will get special privileges within the channel, like the chat and remote features.
When you subscribe to a streamer’s channel, you support, which is great. The only difference with this method of donating is that the Twitch Streamer is not entitled to the total amount of the subscription given. For every subscription to a channel, Twitch gets a certain percentage and gives the streamer the remainder.
We have finally gotten around to donating on Twitch to support our favorite streamers. There are benefits to supporting Twitch streamers. Your support boosts them up to create better content.
It makes them aware that you are truly appreciative of their crafts. This also encourages and supports upcoming channels.
Different strokes for different folks. There are different ways you can donate on Twitch, so go with the method you prefer. If you don’t see a way to donate, enjoy whatever content you love. Your favorite might not want donations.
The latest tech news delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.