How To Cancel Amazon Prime Memberships
Are you removing subscriptions you don’t need, such as gym memberships and Netflix? Then, you may have been searching “how to cancel Amazon Prime.” Fortunately, that process involves a few steps you can finish in minutes. Even better, you can numerous guides to help you do that, such as this one.
Some people remove unnecessary subscriptions to improve their daily budget. Stopping monthly payments for services you’re not using will give you more money for important things. On the other hand, you may want to cancel your Amazon Prime membership only to have Amazon Video.
This article will discuss canceling Amazon Prime subscriptions on your computer and mobile devices. Later, I will cover how to subscribe to Amazon Video only so you do not pay for unnecessary services.
How to cancel Amazon Prime subscriptions on a PC
You can cancel your subscription via the Amazon Prime website. Log in to your account and select the End Membership option by following these steps:
- Go to amazon.com via web browsers like Google Chrome and Safari.
- Log in to your account.
- Next, open the Accounts & Lists menu on the top right.
- Choose the Prime Membership option.
- Head to the Manage Membership section.
- Click or tap the End Membership button.
- Afterward, follow the on-screen prompts to cease your Prime membership.
How to cancel Amazon Prime subscriptions on mobile devices
Photo Credit: dribbble.comYou may also cancel your membership using the Android and iOS apps. Ensure you have the latest version so that the following instructions function correctly:
- Tap the Amazon Shopping app on your tablet or smartphone.
- Then, tap the Profile button at the bottom of the screen. It looks like a person’s outline.
- Scroll down and choose the Manage Prime Membership option.
- Tap the Manage Membership menu.
- Next, press the Manage Membership button.
- Select the End Membership button.
- Then, follow the on-screen steps to cancel your subscription.
How to change your Amazon Prime membership to Prime Video
People search “how to cancel Amazon Prime” when they realize they only need its video content. They stop their subscriptions to avoid paying for its extra features.
Then, they usually head to other video streaming services like Netflix and HBO Max. What if you still want to watch your favorite shows like The Idol or The Lord of The Rings: The Rings Of Power?
You may also like: How To Cancel Netflix Subscriptions
You may turn your Amazon Prime membership to Prime Video only. As a result, you will pay $8.99 monthly instead of $14.99, and you only pay for streaming. Here’s how it works:
- Head to the main Amazon Prime page.
- Then, click the See more plans option under the Try Prime button.
- Choose the Prime Video option.
- Next, click the Try Prime option.
- Sign in to your account. The website will ask you to pay immediately if you are already logged in to your account.
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish the sign-up process.
What are the features you’ll miss if you cancel Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is not a streaming service only. You will remove access to the following services if you follow my “How to cancel Amazon Prime” guide:
- A rotating selection of 3,000 books, magazines, and other content from Prime Reading and Amazon Original Stories
- Kindle books from Amazon First Reads
- 100 million songs from Amazon Music
- Prime Gaming goodies like in-game items, free games, and a free Twitch subscription
You may also like: How To Delete Your Facebook Account
Amazon Prime members also get special pricing on Amazon Music Unlimited and Amazon Kids+. Consequently, they can always access more child-friendly content for their families.
Prime subscribers also have exclusive deals at Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods markets. Moreover, they get a free annual Grubhub+ subscription, which offers $0 delivery fees for eligible orders.
You can easily cancel your Amazon Prime subscription in a few steps. However, you should confirm whether you can remove access to its services.
The extra features like video game promos and food delivery discounts could make your subscription worthwhile. Otherwise, you may subscribe to Amazon Video Prime only.
You can also replace Amazon Prime with other services. Learn more about these alternatives and other digital tips and trends at Inquirer Tech.
Frequently asked questions about canceling Amazon Prime
Why do people cancel their Amazon Prime subscriptions?
Removing unnecessary expenses is a common budget-saving tip, giving people more money for essentials. Also, some folks replace Amazon Prime with other video streaming services like Netflix. Others remove their Prime memberships because they don’t need its extra features. Then, they replace it with an Amazon Video subscription.
How do you verify your Amazon Prime subscription?
If you’re unsure if you have an Amazon Prime membership, check your bank and credit card statements. See if Amazon is charging you $139 annually or $14.99 monthly. Moreover, you can check it on the Amazon website. Go to the Prime Hub page, open your account, and see if it shows membership and management options.
How do I get an Amazon Prime refund?
You may apply for a full refund if you haven’t placed an Amazon Prime order. Visit the Amazon customer service page and place a request via email, phone, or online chat. Also, you receive a refund automatically after canceling your paid Prime membership.