How to change X to Twitter again
Did you know you can return the social media platform formerly known as Twitter back to its former glory? You can change X to Twitter on your computer, Android, and iOS devices. They only take a few minutes, and they’re 100% free. The best part is you can make your favorite website look how you want.
The “X” rebrand has been causing a commotion among global users. Others find it awkward to mention and refer to the new name. Some avoid opening the website because the icon and brand look similar to not-safe-for-work (NSFW) websites. Fortunately, you can restore this social media platform by returning the iconic blue bird.
This article will discuss changing the X to Twitter on your computer and mobile devices. Later, I will explain the limitations of these methods.
How to change X to Twitter on a PC
The X brand is awkward for office workers because of its icon. Other websites with explicit content often have X icons, so your boss may think you’re browsing inappropriate stuff in the office.
Fortunately, you can get the X to Twitter extension for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. Install it on your device with these instructions:
- Search “X to Twitter” on their Web Stores.
- Then, select the most recommended option.
- Click the Download button and wait for the installation to finish.
- Afterward, reload x.com to apply changes.
You may also like: X gains ‘all-time high’ usage
The extension only changes the social media icon for your computer. Others not using the browser add-on or extension will still see the X icon.
How to change X to Twitter on iOS
Are you tired of seeing a giant X on your iPhone’s home screen? Bring the bird back by using the original icon as a shortcut. Do that with these steps:
- Download the Twitter bird icon from Google Images.
- Next, tap your iPhone’s Shortcut app. Download it from the App Store if your device doesn’t have it.
- Tap on the “+” button in the top-right corner.
- Then, select the Add Action option.
- Input “open app” in the Search bar.
- Afterward, pick the Add Action option.
- Tap the arrow icon beside the “Open App.”
- Select the Add to Home Screen option.
- Name the app “Twitter” or any name you prefer.
- Then, select the Twitter bird you downloaded.
- Afterward, tap the Add option.
You may also like: Xbox vs PS5 console review
That shortcut will replace the X to Twitter, but the platform’s brand will remain. You will still see the X while scrolling through your feed and posting messages.
How to change X to Twitter on Android
You can replace the X icon with the old bird, similar to the iOS instructions. Of course, they require different apps. Revert your Twitter icon with these steps:
- Download a Twitter bird picture from Google Images.
- Next, install the Shortcut Maker app from the Play Store. It is free, with optional in-app microtransactions.
- Tap X and select the Apps option.
- Open the X app and tap on the Icon option.
- Choose the Gallery Image option, and select the icon you downloaded.
- Crop and adjust the bird and tap the Done button. Also, change the “X” by tapping on the label.
- Afterward, tap the Create Shortcut option, hold the Twitter bird icon, and place it on your home screen.
You may also like: How to make money on X
Many people disliked Twitter’s X rebrand, so some created ways to change X social media to Twitter. Fortunately, these methods are free and easy to use.
You may find other options for changing the social media icon. However, ensure you understand how they will handle your online information and check their reviews.
Others may contain malware and spyware that could break your device. Worse, they could harm your digital privacy. Learn more about the latest digital tips and trends at Inquirer Tech.
Frequently asked questions about the X app
What are the problems with the X app?
Twitter became awkward after Elon Musk changed the name to X. Others can’t shake off Twitter’s jargon, such as “tweeting” for sending online messages. Also, the X looks like it’s from mature NSFW websites, preventing some from using it publicly. These user problems have become so prevalent that some made ways to change X to Twitter.
Why did Twitter turn into X?
Elon Musk has been telling people he plans to turn Twitter into a super app called X. A super app is a mobile program that contains numerous services usually found in individual ones. For example, Singapore’s Grab lets you hail taxi cabs, deliver packages, and buy groceries. The Twitter rebrand is part of Musk’s long-term objectives.
Should you change X to Twitter?
You can change the X icon into the old blue bird by assigning the latter as a shortcut. Also, numerous free apps can help you, but you must only use the safe ones. Check their terms, conditions, and reviews to determine if an app will protect your sensitive information.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.