Weekly PC download charts: ‘PUBG’ Sanhok Pass, ‘Godly Corp’, Steam Sales
“PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds” is revitalized via a Sanhok Pass add-on, “Grand Theft Auto V” and “Final Fantasy XV” fare well in the Steam sales, while uncoordinated comedy comes courtesy of “Godly Corp” and “Pamali” draws on spooky Indonesian stories.
With mid-year sale season in full swing, as Steam’s own annual promotion began on June 21, “PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds” is back on top of Steam’s revenue-based chart.
Having spent 14 months as the PC gaming giant’s best seller, concurrent user numbers began to decline in February 2018 and, since May, it had been dethroned first by “Dark Souls Remastered” and then “Jurassic World Evolution”.
The June 22 release of a third in-game map, the lush Thai-influenced island Sanhok, revitalized the fortunes of “PUBG,” nudging its player count back in an upward direction, though 1.6 million players is still half of its January high.
Elsewhere on Steam, an annual Summer Sale sees some of the biggest and best games from the past few years rise up the charts.
“PUBG” itself has a first ever sale discount, “Grand Theft Auto V” is next in line, and a half-price “Final Fantasy XV” pushes into the top five.
Rounding out the top ten are “ARK: Survival Evolved”, the “Fallout 4” collected edition, another version of “Jurassic World Evolution”, “The Witcher 3” bundle, and the Steam Link in-house streaming box.
Over on Itch.io, the jump-scare hilarity of schoolwork chase “Baldi’s Basics” still rules, closely followed by its “Victor Strobovski” tribute.
“Godly Corp”, a desk job simulator starring the flailing tentacle arm of Cthulhu, corporate intern, launched its IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign and landed second place on Itch.io’s popularity ranking.
Also in crowdfunding, Pamali draws inspiration from creepy Indonesian folktales and offers the first of four stories, featuring the vampire Kuntilanak, as a free taster, with a Kickstarter campaign coming soon.
1. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
2. Event Pass: Sanhok (PUBG)
3. Grand Theft Auto V
4. Jurassic World Evolution
5. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition
*Steam chart based on revenue rather than units.
1. Destiny 2 – Expansion Pass
2. Hitman – Game of the Year edition
3. Jurassic World Evolution Deluxe Edition
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5. Shadowrun Complete Collection
1. The Crew 2
2. Conan Exiles
3. Far Cry 5
5. Dying Light Enhanced Edition
1. Football Manager 2018
2. Indie Legends 8 Bundle inc. Organ Trail, Fahrenheit, Among the Sleep
3. Dying Light Enhanced Edition
4. Surviving Mars
5. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
1. Metal Fatigue
2. Escape from Monkey Island
3. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
4. Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete
5. Fallout 3! Game of the Year Edition
Itchio’s Most Popular
1. Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning
2. Godly Corp
3. Advanced Education With Victor Strobovski
4. Arthur’s Nightmare
5. Pamali: Indonesian Folklore Horror
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.